Jewelry Repairs & Fixes
I want to help you with any of your jewelry repairs in my state-of-the-art jewelry shop. I work alongside Marsha, a master jeweler who started working with me at Dolgin's in Kansas City over 40 years ago. We have the experience to fix any problem and ensure it will last into well into the future. My studio in Overland Park, KS is equipped with all the latest technology including our laser welder and bench scope to make sure your repair is completed correctly.
Setup A Time To Get Your Repair Started
Sample Jewelry Repair
How it arrived after years of wear. The emeralds were abraided, diamonds fallen out, and shank damaged.
Work in progress on Marsha bench repairing the shank, repolishing the emerald, and refinshing the ring.
The ring completely repaired just like the day she and her husband purchased it.
Common Jewelry Repairs
Marsha and I are setup to work on fine jewelry. We can repair almost any gold, palladium, or platinum piece. Here are a few common jewelry repairs we do. You can get more information on some of them.
- Re-tipping and prong replacement
- Diamond and Gemstone setting and resetting
- Replacing head holding gemstone and reset that gemstone
- Resizing gold or platinum rings
- Rhodium plating
- Bracelet link repairs
- Fixing bracelet clasps
- Replacing earring backs and/or posts
- Restringing pearls
- Refinishing with different textures
- Cleaning Fine Jewelry
- Watch Repair
- Installing, rounding, or replacing a ring shank
- Rebuilding worn down channels or prongs
- Re-cutting or repolishing gemstones including sapphires, emeralds, opals, and diamonds
- Replacing bracelet clasps
- Installing arthritic shanks through Fingermate to fit rings over knockles
- Soldering rings together
- Fixing fine timepieces and watches
- Engraving words and patterns
- Resetting earrings in security backs
- Fixing earrings
The cost jewelry repairs varies significantly. I do not like quote the cost of a repair until I see it and verify the work that needs to be completed and the time it will take to complete it. I pass along two bits of information: the minimum charge to work on jewelry is $45 and repairs at my office tend to be priced very competively. I guarantee our work and focus on doing the repair correctly, so the jewelry will last well into the future.
Review: Richard Dolgin did a wonderful job refurbishing a ring I inherited from my mother after she passed away recently. They understood the sentimental value of the piece of jewelry, and they cleaned, sized and restored it to be even more beautiful than I imagined! They went above and beyond to replace everything to how it had been originally. I will treasure this ring for the rest of my life, and pass it along to the next generation. Thank you so much for your help!